Sectors of application
Electrical engineering industry/Power electronics/Transmission and distribution networks/Integration of renewable energies into networks/Research & Development
- To check equipment resistance to overvoltage
- To analyse damage to equipment connected to a public or industrial network
- To size the insulation of electrical equipment during the design phase
- To approve a protection plan
- To quantify the consequences of lightning and operations
- EMTP software sold to several thousands of users for over 20 years
- Internationally recognised know-how and expertise that has been tried and tested in the French power system
- Ability to adapt tools to your needs, since we control the software source code
- Internationally recognised scientific excellence (publications, awards, higher education)
- Sale of EMTP licences and additional options for uncertainty estimates, parameter optimisation and input data impact analysis (PAMLAB)
- Studies using these tools
- Expertise in insulation coordination
- Expertise in ferro-resonance
- Training in calculation tools (EMTP, PAMLAB)
- Theoretical training in electromagnetic transient phenomena
Use case examples
ENGIE: Impact of electrical connections on gas pipelines and sizing of grounding.
EPR nuclear power plant projects: Sizing of grounding systems to protect against lightning.
Support for EDF’s international projects: Sizing of networks and protection plans for international customers.
Going further with EDF R&D
EDF providing solutions for your carbon neutrality goals
Discover our solutions.
Watch and read everything about our testing facilities
Training your staff
Learn new methods, tools and deepen your knowledge.