What is digital accessibility?
An accessible website allows people with disabilities to access its content and functionality without difficulty.
For example, using an accessible site, you can:
- Browse with speech synthesis and/or a refreshable Braille display (used mainly by blind and visually impaired people).
- Customize the site’s display settings to suit your needs (increasing or reducing character size, changing colours, etc.).
- Navigate without using the mouse (with the keyboard only, via a touch screen, voice or any other suitable device).
To do this, the site must comply with the standards in force at the time when it is produced and updated.
EDF undertakes to make its websites (Internet, intranet and extranet), its software packages, mobile applications and urban digital infrastructure accessible in accordance with article 47 of French law no. 2005-102 of 11 February 2005.
To do this, EDF implements the following strategy and actions:
This accessibility declaration applies to the website https://www.edf.fr.
By applying the technical standards of France’s RGAA (General Accessibility Improvement Framework), it is possible to verify that a web page complies with the 50 Level A and AA success criteria listed in the WCAG 2.1 international standard.
The “edf.fr” website is partially compliant with RGAA version 4.0 (and therefore WCAG 2.1) as a result of the non-conformities and exemptions listed below.
The compliance audit conducted by the Atalan company in May 2020 on the preproduction version of the site reveals that 94% of the RGAA 4.0 criteria have been met.
List of non-compliant criteria:
- 3.2 In each web page, is the contrast between the text colour and the background colour sufficiently high (except in special cases)?
- 3.3 In each web page, are the colours used in interface components or graphical elements that convey information sufficiently well contrasted (except in special cases)?
- 6.1 Is each link explicit (excluding special cases)?
- 8.2 Is the source code generated for each web page valid for the type of document specified (excluding special cases)?
Dispensations for disproportionate burdens
- The carousels used on the site are not fully compliant with the ARIA “Carousel” design scheme. However, they can be used with the keyboard alone, with the main screen readers (speech synthesis and/or refreshable Braille display) and other assistive technologies.
- The autocomplete systems offered for certain site form fields do not fully adhere to the ARIA “Combo Box” design scheme. However, they can be used on the keyboard alone, with the main screen readers and other assistive technologies.
- The tab systems used on the site do not fully adhere to the ARIA “Tabs” design scheme. However, they can be used on the keyboard alone, with the main screen readers and other assistive technologies.
- The PDF documents offered for download are not fully accessible. Making all of these already available documents accessible would involve a very significant amount of work. EDF will therefore offer accessible versions of these documents upon request. To obtain an accessible version of a document, please contact us via one of the means proposed in the “Feedback and Contact” section (available below on this page) stating the name of the document concerned.
Content not subject to the accessibility requirement
- iframes for the “Twitter”, “LinkedIn” and “YouTube” accounts of EDF and EDF Entreprises.
- “reCAPTCHA” iframes (spam protection system).
- “Do You Dream Up” chatbot.
- Interactive “OpenStreetMap” maps.
- YouTube video player.
Publication of this accessibility statement
This statement was published on 9 September 2020.
Technologies used to create the site
Content rendering checks were carried out with the following browser and screen reader combinations:
- Firefox 76 and NVDA 2020.1
- Firefox 76 and Jaws 2019
- VoiceOver for iOS 12.4.5
Accessibility evaluation tools
- Color Contrast Analyser
- Firefox development tool
- Web Developer (Firefox extension)
Site pages that have been checked for compliance
- EDF Entreprises
- Tarif bleu pricing scheme
- Sign up for a contract
- EDF is hiring
- Our job offers
- Boilermaking co-ordinator COURSE M/F (2020-663)
- Results of “Facture” (invoice) search
- Customers in France
- Recruitment of staff with disabilities
- Non-financial indicators
- Legal notices
- EDF Group
- Everyday support for our customers
- Consuming less and better at home
- Producing climate-friendly energy
- This “Accessibility” page
Feedback and contact
If you are unable to access content or a service, you can contact the site manager to obtain information about an accessible alternative or request the content in another form.
Contact the Digital Communication and Innovation Department by email via email@example.com
Cette procédure est à utiliser dans le cas suivant.
You have contacted the person responsible for the website to notify them of a lack of accessibility that prevents you from accessing any of the portal content or services, and you have not received a satisfactory response.
- Write a message to the Défenseur des droits citizens’ rights protection body.
- Contact the Défenseur des droits representative in your region..
- Send a letter by post (freepost, no stamp needed): :
Défenseur des droits
Libre réponse (Freepost) 71120
75342 Paris CEDEX 07
Your accessible site with FACIL’iti
What is FACIL’iti?
FACIL’iti is an innovative digital accessibility solution that automatically adapts the content and graphics of the edf.fr website to improve digital accessibility for many types of handicap (visual, motor and cognitive), or simply to facilitate ease of reading.
FACIL’iti makes the display of edf.fr sites more accessible to people who have difficulties in browsing or are seeking greater user-friendliness! Equipping your website or intranet with FACIL’iti allows you to open your organisation, its services and/or its products to a wider target market of Internet users.
Intended for use by those looking for ease of use when browsing the Internet, FACIL’iti offers many features to support several forms of additional visual, motor or cognitive needs.
FACIL’iti: how does it work?
- Open the FACILI’iti website by clicking here.
- Create your custom profile or choose one from the profiles library.
Once you have chosen a profile or features, they will be applied continuously to all sites that have installed FACIL’iti.
You can then close the FACIL’iti website.
- Go back to the edf.fr website
Whenever you return to the edf.fr site, it will then be adapted to your needs.