Sectors of application
Agri-food Industry/Chemical and plastics industries/Mass retail/Refrigeration and air handling/Data centres/Research & Development
- To characterise and approve equipment or an integrated solution for cooling production in tertiary or industrial buildings
- To perform a diagnosis on cooling installations
- To optimise cooling installations by choosing and deploying the solution best suited to your needs
- To define a research programme and/or develop test resources associated with industrial cooling
- 10 years of audits and diagnoses carried on the premises of EDF or Dalkia customers.
- Know-how implemented in support of Cesbron (Dalkia, EDF Group).
- Training provided for a wide range of audiences (maintenance operators, study engineers, etc.).
- Internationally recognised scientific excellence (publications, awards, higher education).
- Trial and test campaigns in the fields of thermal performance and instrumentation and control on chiller units, cooling and refrigerant fluid storage in a controlled environment.
- Expert audits on site.
- Modelling studies of cooling installations and optimisation of their sizing and control.
- Assistance in project design and construction supervision to implement optimisation solutions.
- Set-up of research projects and programmes in the field of industrial cooling.
- Training in industrial cooling asset management for operators, energy managers and financial managers.
Use case examples
Heating network: Simulation of cooling storage to increase the capacity of urban air-conditioning networks, in order to allow connection of 30% additional customers.
Mass retail: Pre-study of the refurbishment of a cooling production facility for the mass retail sector, incorporating the use of cooling storage to improve performance. Offer followed by work
Agri-food industry: Tests of advanced cooling system control solutions on pilot sites, 5% reduction in the customer’s electricity bill.
ADEME project: Improvement in the energy and technical performance of equipment by monitoring and optimising regulations.
Going further with EDF R&D
EDF providing solutions for your carbon neutrality goals
Discover our solutions.
Watch and read everything about our testing facilities.
Training your staff
Learn new methods, tools and deepen your knowledge.