EDF Group consistently undertakes to implement the dialogue rules set out international standards where stakeholder participation is concerned and to ensure the release of public reports.
Concretely for each project this means:
- identifying the stakeholders ;
- initiating consultation as early as possible ;
- providing clear and transparent project information ;
- collecting and responding to stakeholders’ opinions ;
- implementing a system to process claims and suggestions ;
- ensuring native peoples’ participation in the consultation process.
In 2017, this will involve new projects worth more than €50 million(1), that have a significant impact on their relevant region and environment.
In 2030, the Group aims to lower this financial threshold to €30 million.
(1) In France, this financial threshold is six times lower than that legally required for a mandatory public debate.