Sectors of application
Industrial processes, industrial facilities
- To improve competitiveness by reducing your energy and water consumption.
- To reduce the environmental impact of your company.
- To recover waste heat available in your site in a more efficient manner.
- To optimise the incorporation of renewable energies into your energy mix.
- Proven track record in energy/mass integration and industrial process modelling and in energy prospection and medium-term scenarios.
- Sectorial know-how as well as on-field knowledge, at the heart of industrial processes.
- Optimisation and decision-making assistance software platforms: PHOENIX, to design heat and mass exchange networks, as well as heat production and recycling systems (heat pumps, ORCs, etc.); and ETEM, for the medium-term economic optimisation of the energy mix and the study of the integration of renewable energy sources.
- Mapping of energy and mass recovery potentials within the industrial site.
- Technical-economic optimisation of the design of heat and mass exchange networks on your process.
- Design of new means of production of heat and cold, as well as heat recycling systems (heat pumps, ORCs, etc.).
- Design of processing units.
- Study of the medium-term profitability of a new energy mix, taking into account a prospective energy price scenario.
Use case examples
Paper manufacturer: Design of heat exchangers for the recovery of waste heat using heat pumps.
Food industry: Waste heat recovery study at the overall site level, with high energy savings.
Oil Refinery: Water network diagnostic and proposal of a more efficient and economically relevant network to improve the reliability of an installation.
ArcelorMittal: Siderwin European consortia and project, to deploy an electrolysis manufacturing technology for steel making.
Going further with EDF R&D
EDF providing solutions for your carbon neutrality goals
Discover more about EDF R&D.
Watch and read everything about our testing facilities.
Training your staff
Learn new methods, tools and deepen your knowledge.