EDF and Dreev, a joint venture between EDF and Nuvve, have joined forces to carry out the project.
EDF is a key player in electric mobility in France, and has anticipated the move towards CO2-neutral mobility by announcing the Electric Mobility Plan in 2018, one of the Group's strategic axes. The 3 pillars of its ambition between now and 2023 revolve around the 4 core countries of France, the UK, Italy and Belgium:
- To have a 30% market share in the supply of electricity to electric vehicle owners,
- To deploy over 400,000 charging points,
- To operate over 20,000 smart charging points.
Dreev's core activity lies in the development of Vehicle-to-Grid solutions, the most innovative and promising aspect of smart charging. Dreev is involved in:
- the implementation of energy flexibility services, made available through battery storage, to help balance supply and demand,
- providing an experience that allows customers to guarantee their mobility needs, while benefiting from optimal remuneration for the use of their vehicle when it is not in use.
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or CINEA. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.