Sectors of application
Active facades, which adapt their behaviour to their environment and to the occupants needs, connected or not to technical equipment. Solar and/or bioclimatic technologies.
- To design and optimise your bioclimatic technologies for residential and non-residential buildings.
- To carry out full-scale tests and validate the performance of your building-integrated systems for renovation and for new construction works.
- To characterise and analyse your innovative components in detail under real conditions.
- To develop and validate a digital twin of your systems for your field applications.
- To demonstrate the benefits of your innovations from their installation to their dismantling through a measurement campaign
- Technical expertise in building technologies (walls, ventilation) that is internationally recognised by academic and industrial partners.
- Fully adaptive test resources, enabling the comparison of systems for all orientations and for all types of facade.
- Multiphysical characteristics modelling tools, allowing studies from the material scale to the building and district scale.
- Internationally recognised scientific excellence (peer reviewed publications, awards, professorship in higher education), especially in the field of materials and transfers (thermal, hydric, aeraulic).
- Support in the design of innovative technologies suited to smart buildings and incorporated into their environment (outdoor climate, urban block).
- Provision of facades for the installation and testing of complete technologies.
- Experimental tests in a real (outdoor climate) and in a controlled environment
- Identification of areas for improvement through combined laboratory/modelling analysis.
- Development and validation of digital twins of technologies for replication
Use case examples
Manufacturers of building envelope solutions: co-development of innovative building envelope solutions; laboratory testing of technologies to analyse their performance under real conditions.
Academic partners renowned in the field of research and development in the “building of the future” area: collaborative research works and projects, joint laboratories.
Regional partners: guidance for technological solutions for retrofitting and for new buildings construction.
Going further with EDF R&D
EDF providing solutions for your carbon neutrality goals
Discover our solutions.
Watch and read everything about our testing facilities.
Training your staff
Learn new methods, tools and deepen your knowledge.