Sectors of application
Electric mobility and stationary electrical storage manufacturers/Start-ups who develop innovative battery technologies/Local authorities/Design offices working on the integration of batteries for renewable energies & self-consumption or electrical backup/Equipment constructors and manufacturers/Research & Development
- To test your batteries using a complete, proven method, from the electrochemical cell to the complete pack, whatever their degree of maturity
- To select the best battery technology offer for your stationary energy storage or electric mobility applications
- To develop new battery solutions together for your specific needs
- Resources for modelling, simulation and cartographic analysis
- Recognised expertise: member of the RS2E national electrochemical storage network
- An international network and extensive knowledge of battery applications
- Partnerships for additional tests (for example: STEEVE platform with INERIS)
- A research laboratory in the field of new generation batteries
- Complete tests on electrochemical batteries in dedicated laboratories:
- Performance tests, cyclical ageing and calendar ageing, safety
- Development of test methods specific to your needs by simulating all types of electrical and thermal stress scenarios
- Assessment of the security protocols to be implemented from the unit to the system and BMS analysis
- Study of needs and concerted choice of the most appropriate technology on the market to meet your stationary or mobile application requirements
- Support to develop new battery solutions:
- Definition of needs and technical specifications
- Development of a prototype in our dedicated laboratories
- Consulting for the pre-industrialisation phase
Use case examples
Local authorities and renewable energy installers: Tests and assessment of battery solutions on electric buses or renewable energy farms in isolated areas or on constrained networks (references: 20 MW on the PJM network in the USA and 50 MW for the National Grid in the United Kingdom).
Start-ups: Work with many French and international start-ups wishing to test their innovations.
Vehicle manufacturers and battery manufacturers: Tests and assessment of batteries, standardisation, data collection, exchange of technological road maps.
International Automobile Federation ("Fédération Internationale de l’Automobile" or FIA): EDF R&D is the exclusive partner for tests on batteries fitted in vehicles competing in Formula-E championships.
Going further with EDF R&D
EDF providing solutions for your carbon neutrality goals
Discover our solutions.
Watch and read everything about our testing facilities.
Training your staff
Learn new methods, tools and deepen your knowledge.