Sectors of application
Industry / Transportation / Grid operator / Research & Development
- Identify and prevent failures of your electric power network
- Design, develop and adapt your electric power network by integrating the latest technological and environmental developments
- Implement monitoring and asset management solutions for your cable connections
- Assess the working condition of your equipment
- 15 highly skilled engineers and researchers involved in the definition of methods and in the design of facilities for testing electrical cables
- A wide range of equipment expertise thanks to the complementarity with EDF R&D mechanics and materials laboratories
- More than 50 years of experience supporting the Transport System Operator and the Distribution System Operator in France
- Expertise of faulty or malfunctioning equipment, on site and in laboratory
- Specification of electrical equipment intended for new usage (offshore, PV, mobility, storage…)
- Development of asset management solutions
- Assessment of the working condition of connections and equipment
- Feasibility studies for network technologies development (new DC cables, MV and HV-DC connections)
- Cable diagnosis and connection monitoring: development of systems for data analysis
- Training course « Understanding and interpreting electrical equipment tests »
Use case examples
Power grid operator in the Middle East: expertise of a 400kV underground cable following a breakdown of the main insulation and identification of failure causes of the secondary insulation on junctions.
Industrial client in energy sector: cable diagnosis in indoor facility following production shutdown. « …We appreciate your very strong involvement given the particularly stringent deadlines. Thanks to your work we ruled out a failure due to the cables and therefore we avoided their unnecessary replacement… »
Train manufacturer: identification of failure causes on new cable connections. « Very good exchanges during the service. The sharing of expertise and of lessons learnt was very much appreciated. Report of very good quality. »
Going further with EDF R&D
EDF providing solutions for your carbon neutrality goals
Discover our solutions.
Watch and read everything about our testing facilities.
Training your staff
Learn new methods, tools and deepen your knowledge.