Sectors of application
Municipalities, real estate developers, Urban Planning Departments, Housing Associations
Urban sectors: planning, development, construction, environment improvement, waste management, transport and land use planning.
- To create a liveable and attractive urban environment for all residents and attract investments
- To select and deploy cost-effective low carbon energy systems, energy efficient buildings, local renewables and smart grid technologies
- To optimize investments for sustainable objectives from the early stage of urban planning
- To improve urban planning decisions, by respecting links between energy, environmental quality and mobility needs
- A long lasting experience and scientific excellence in low carbon energy solutions for cities and regions
- A unique approach from planning to operations, with strong commitments
- A systemic approach, encompassing innovative energy systems and energy efficiency in buildings, renewables, smart grids, public lighting, low carbon mobility…
- Consultancy for the definition of Energy & Urban project objectives, with visualization of data and indicators on a 3D scenario of the studied district or city.
- Assessment of Energy concept scenarios: definition of few scenarios for energy efficiency actions, renewables development and smart grids, with cost / benefits analysis.
- Simulation tool for Energy concept scenarios: energy demand, Renewable potential, networks capacities.
- Systemic & integrative modelling decision making tool with an interactive web-accessible 3D interface of your city / district. Includes energy system models (energy demand, renewable, networks) and can be extended to mobility, quality of air, noise, urban heat island as well as quality of life indicators.
Use case examples
Singapore: The Housing & Development Board has used our 3D tool to build their best investment in policies and technologies for more sustainable and liveable neighbourhoods
LINGANG, Shanghai: An energy concept for a 42km² “green field” innovative green urban design proposal for the Shanghai Zhangjiang Development Company with China Investment Development. The concept cut CO2 emissions by half, produced 100% of the district’s energy locally and reduced the energy bill for residents by 10%.
Tegel, Berlin: Visualization and assessment of different urban energy planning strategies by analysing the interrelation between planning decisions and multi-energy systems (integration of Renewable Energy Sources, Combined Heat & Power, Industrial Waste Heat, etc.).
Going further with EDF R&D
EDF providing solutions for your carbon neutrality goals
Discover our solutions.
Watch and read everything about our testing facilities
Training your staff
Learn new methods, tools and deepen your knowledge.