Sectors of application
Thermal equipment manufacturers / Food industry / Chemical and plastics industries / Industrial dryers / Heat networks / Research & development
- To assess the benefit of waste heat recovery operation from among a panel of choices: ORCs, heat pumps, thermo-refrigerating pumps, heat exchangers, absorption heat pumps, thermal storage, etc.
- To optimise your processes in terms of energy by using the most suitable solution.
- To characterise and validate recovery technologies or systems.
- To develop a research programme and/or build test facilities to design your future innovations.
- More than 10 years of experience in audits and diagnostics carried out on the premises of EDF and Dalkia industrial customers.
- Training courses for a variety of profiles (maintenance operators, design engineers, etc.).
- Internationally recognised scientific excellence (peer reviewed publications, awards, higher education training).
For industrial customers:
- Audits on the potential for waste heat recovery on your facilities. Training by our experts.
- Modelling of heat production installations and optimisation of their design and management.
- Assistance in project design, construction and project management for the implementation of identified optimal solutions.
For equipment manufacturers:
- Characterisation of your products in terms of operating range, endurance test, instrumentation and control test, partial load operation, stop-start cycles, mapping of performance under various thermal conditions, etc.
- Assistance for preparation of projects and research programmes, search for grants and financing.
Use case examples
Johnson Controls: R&D programme and tests for the development of unique heat pump, first of its kind in the world.
Johnson Controls: testing of a high temperature (120°C) heat pump, complete performance mapping.
Clauger: co-development of a high temperature (105°C) heat pump.
Cristopia: testing of phase change nodules behaviour for heat storage.
Various industrial customers: guidance in waste heat recycling projects in their plants.
Going further with EDF R&D
EDF providing solutions for your carbon neutrality goals
Discover our solutions.
Watch and read everything about our testing facilities.
Training your staff
Learn new methods, tools and deepen your knowledge.