Sectors of application
Transport industry/Specialised vehicles/Armaments industry/Construction industry/Electric vehicles/Offshore/Research & Development
- To characterise and approve equipment, an industrial product or a large-scale integrated solution in an extreme environment.
- To have a solution enabling the simulation of accelerated ageing on bulky equipment.
- To objectify the real service live and endurance of equipment in high and low temperatures or under climatic ageing constraints.
- To check the behaviour of equipment subjected to electromagnetic fields.
- A climatic chamber of exceptional size
- EDF Networks Lab offers a complete range of tests on a single site, covering all substation equipment and network connecting equipment from LV to 420 kV. The laboratory is accredited in accordance with the NF EN ISO/IEC 17025 (COFRAC) standard for a large part of its activity, notably in accordance with the IEC reference base, as well as network operator specifications.
- 75 highly qualified experts, engineers and test technicians who can rely on support from EDF's multidisciplinary R&D researchers, where necessary.
- Environmental constraint tests (climatic constraints, lightning, electromagnetic compatibility-EMC) with one of the largest climatic chambers in Europe and its various EMC chambers.
- Extensive, "tailor-made" tests of exposure to pollution or severe climates, in a natural environment or in a test chamber, or controlled lightning strikes.
- Electromagnetic compatibility tests using its two chambers (anechoic and reverberation) for both emissions and immunity.
- The laboratory is also equipped with generators enabling most immunity tests to be carried out (electrostatic discharges, shock waves, fast transients in bursts, radio frequencies, etc.).
Use case examples
Armaments industry: Tests of the proper operation of military or public works equipment under extreme climatic constraints: proper operation in extreme temperatures, in ice, after positive and negative thermal shocks, exposure to solar radiation or humid atmospheres (90 to 95%).
Vehicle manufacturer: Testing of electric vehicles in extreme temperature conditions with respect to the safety and proper operation of batteries.
Going further with EDF R&D
EDF providing solutions for your carbon neutrality goals
Discover our solutions.
Watch and read everything about our testing facilities
Training your staff
Learn new methods, tools and deepen your knowledge.