Sectors of application
Research & development / Vehicle manufacturers / Start-ups in the field of mobility and electric charging / Local authorities / Design offices in the construction industry / Equipment manufacturers and constructors
- To promote the development of low-carbon mobility and choose the transport solution that best meets your criteria, while properly analysing the economic, social and environmental impact beforehand.
- To incorporate electric vehicle (EV) charging into your electrical infrastructures.
- To develop new charging solutions (induction, fast charge, etc.) for specific needs.
- A test laboratory able to accommodate large-scale equipment (buses, trucks, several vehicles, etc.).
- A research and testing laboratory on batteries.
- Resources for modelling, simulation and cartographic analysis.
- Recognised expertise in electrical engineering (network impact, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)).
- A national network and wide knowledge of power network constraints.
- Assistance in energy consumption and pollutant emission diagnoses, up to the implementation of low-carbon mobility solutions.
- Consulting and expertise in the management of electric vehicle fleets in collective housing or tertiary sites.
- Support in the development of services related to electric mobility in the realm of smart devices.
- Tests of batteries and of EV charging systems and equipment.
- Prototyping of contactless charging solutions.
Use case examples
Local authorities: Review of location of charging stations in several departments in France.
Distribution network operator: Modelling of "electric vehicle" usage.
Charging equipment manufacturers: Tests and assessment of various vehicle charging equipment.
Vehicle manufacturer: Tests and assessment of vehicle charging equipment. Standardisation, standards, data collection, contactless charging.
Going further with EDF R&D
EDF providing solutions for your carbon neutrality goals
Discover our solutions.
Watch and read everything about our testing facilities.
Training your staff
Learn new methods, tools and deepen your knowledge.