Sectors of application
Energy, high-risk industries (petro-chemistry), cement plants, insurance companies
- Assess the risk of seismic induced faults in equipment
- Validate the performance of structures and equipment under seismic loading
- Expertise in seismology, geotechnics, civil engineering and structural dynamics.
- Numerical simulation tools for site effects, soil-structure interaction and structural behavior, based on code_aster (open source thermomechanical solver) hosted in Salome_Meca.
- Testing facilities to test the equipment's performance in the event of an earthquake.
Assessment of the seismic risk of a facility and its equipment:
- Seismic hazard through seismology
- Site effects (soil knowledge)
- The interaction between soil and structure
- The behavior and strength of the structure (concrete, backfill...)
- The foundation - equipment interaction
- Behavior and resilience of the equipment
This offer is intended for:
- Seismic risk assessment by integrating the entire analytical chain from the fault to structures and equipment
- Performance validation of structures and equipment under seismic loading
We offer you:
- Methodological advice and expert opinion on the entire seismic risk chain
- Advanced studies on the basis of numerical simulation
- Validation of models by means of laboratory or on-site tests
EDF Nuclear and hydraulic power plants
French Atomic Energy Agency
International Agency of Atomic Energy
EDF providing solutions for your carbon neutrality goals
Discover our solutions.
Watch and read everything about our testing facilities
Training your staff
Learn new methods, tools and deepen your knowledge.