Sectors of application
Nuclear and hydraulic production facilities / Chemical industry / Military and Aerospace industries / Electronic and Semiconductor industry / Oil and Gas sector
- Develop methods and materials to carry out repairs and coatings by Additive Manufacturing "Cold Spray“
- To perform repairs on site controlling your costs, reliability of the process and the functionality of the repaired components
- To develop innovative materials (composition, microstructure) that conventional processes can not do
- To establish the cold spray as an additive manufacturing process for simple shapes
- A cold spray system on the cutting edge of technology;
- A large panel of sprayable powders thanks to the ATEX spray booth (aluminum, titanium…);
- A unique package combining expertise in the metallurgy and mechanic fields and in the cold spray process;
- High end characterization facilities allowing microstructural analysis form nanoscale through meso scale.
- R&D service: Development of research programs for innovative applications;
- Projection tests with or without characterization of the parts produced;
- Development of repair methods from the elimination of the defect, its reconstruction and the mechanical characterization of the regenerated part;
- Development of coatings for the functionalization of surfaces (corrosion resistance, wear resistance, etc.).
Use case examples
French Atomic Energy Agency: Tests on several nature of powders
Nuclear Power Plant: Repair of a titanium coatings on a carbon steel
Naval Group: On going discussions
Going further with EDF R&D
EDF providing solutions for your carbon neutrality goals
Discover our solutions.
Watch and read everything about our testing facilities
Training your staff
Learn new methods, tools and deepen your knowledge.