Sectors of application
Energy/Logistics/Resource management (human and material)
- To make strategic decisions: investment choices, sizing of installation assets or a fleet
- To optimise and accelerate the operation of your daily decision-making processes by incorporating a large amount of information and the constraints that must be respected
- To train your teams in the theory and implementation of optimisation techniques
- Skills and know-how that are recognised within EDF Group's various business lines: management of the EDF portfolio (production assets, customer contracts and financial contracts), optimisation of vehicle routing, human resource management for customer relations activities
- Know-how in the development of high-performance industrial optimisation codes
- Internationally recognised scientific excellence (publications, awards, education)
- Analysis of needs and formalisation of decision-making problems, development of models and prototypes
- Development of complete software solutions and decision-making support tools adapted to your needs
- Support in the selection of off-the-shelf optimisation solutions
- Audit of existing optimisation models
- Development of a tailor-made training programme focusing on the state of the art in the field or directly focused on your practical applications
Use case examples
EDF Generation Division:
- Development of code to optimise the management of material resources during refuelling operations.
- Modelling and supply of decision-making support tools for the management of the EDF production plant pool (investment choices, maintenance schedules and development of the production programme).
Dunkirk LNG : Optimisation of LNG tanker arrival schedules at the Dunkirk terminal to manage scheduling conflicts.
Agri-food industry : Methodological support in the consideration of uncertainties (demand and production) in the energy management process for a manufacturer.
Distribution Grid: Modelling and supply of decision-making support tools for the optimisation of technician intervention routes: from strategic planning (opening/closing of centres in the next 15 years) to operational planning (officer rounds).
Going further with EDF R&D
EDF providing solutions for your carbon neutrality goals
Discover our solutions.
Watch and read everything about our testing facilities
Training your staff
Learn new methods, tools and deepen your knowledge.