Sectors of application
Energy/Oil and gas industry/Thermal industry (heat exchangers)/Nuclear industry/Research & Development
- To reduce unavailability by optimising the operation and performance of your hydraulic components (exchangers, pumps, valves, non-return valves, etc.)
- To characterise and approve hydraulic components that are subjected to two-phase flows
- To develop a comprehensive research programme, by combining the experimental approach with numerical simulations
- Long-standing implementation of know-how for the French nuclear power plant pool
- Tests recognised by our partners, in France (French Atomic Energy Agency, Framatome) and abroad (the American organisation EPRI), etc.
- An experimental approach that can be supplemented by local 3D two-phase simulations
- A large-capacity test installation that is modular and flexible in its operation
- Internationally recognised scientific excellence (publications, awards, etc.)
- Qualify or test all hydraulic components or systems that may be subjected to single-phase water or gas (air or freon) flows or two-phase flows.
- Optimise the characteristics or operation of your equipment, by more precisely defining two-phase flows through specific metrology.
- Provide support in the optimisation, sizing and operation of components through modelling studies.
- Consulting and expert audits.
- Develop research projects and programmes.
- Train you in our two-phase or vibratory measurement techniques and the simulation of two-phase flows.
Use case examples
Framatome: The combined approach (experimental and numerical simulation) enabled the characterisation of pressure drops in steam generator spacer plates.
Electric Power Research Institute, USA: Design and realisation of tests used to approve steam generator thermohydraulic behaviour simulation tools.
EDF: Studies of the vibratory instability risk of nuclear power plant pool steam generator tubes.
Going further with EDF R&D
EDF providing solutions for your carbon neutrality goals
Discover our solutions.
Watch and read everything about our testing facilities
Training your staff
Learn new methods, tools and deepen your knowledge.