The EDF Duty of Care plan, approved by the Executive Committee, includes reasonable vigilance measures adequate to identify risks and to prevent severe impacts on human rights and fundamental freedoms, health and safety, and the environment arising as a result of the activities of the company, its subsidiaries and subcontractors, and suppliers or project partners with whom an established business relationship is maintained, where these activities are linked to this relationship.
The executive directors must implement a “Duty of care” programme adapted to their entity and the projects they manage, including :
- Risk mapping by identification, assessment and classification of the risks of severe impacts on human rights and fundamental freedoms, health and safety and the environment. This map is established on criteria linked to the type of activity, the country of operation, the suppliers and subcontractors. It relies on value chain assessment processes;
- Adequate mitigation and preventive actions according to the risk map;
- Monitoring systems on the effective and efficient implementation of measures;
- Review of the actual implementation and the effectiveness of these actions, together with identified improvements;
- Training and awareness-raising of the employees concerned.