The EDF Group Compliance Plan is published annually in the Universal Registration Document. It is reproduced in the document below "EDF Group’s stand-alone vigilance plan", for information purposes, with the addition of illustrations and the clarification of certain references to the Extra-Financial Performance Declaration (EFPD) of the 2022 Universal Registration Document, in chapter 3.9.
The EDF Duty of vigilance plan, approved by the Executive Committee, includes reasonable vigilance measures adequate to identify risks and to prevent severe impacts on human rights and fundamental freedoms, health and safety, and the environment arising as a result of the activities of the company, its subsidiaries and subcontractors, and suppliers or project partners with whom an established business relationship is maintained, where these activities are linked to this relationship.
The executive directors must implement a “Duty of vigilance” program adapted to their entity and the projects they manage, including:
- Risk mapping by identification, assessment and classification of the risks of severe impacts on human rights and fundamental freedoms, health and safety and the environment. This map is established on criteria linked to the type of activity, the country of operation, the suppliers and subcontractors. It relies on value chain assessment processes.
- Adequate mitigation and preventive actions according to the risk map.
- Monitoring systems on the effective and efficient implementation of measures.
- Review of the actual implementation and the effectiveness of these actions, together with identified improvements.
- Training and awareness-raising of the employees concerned.
A network of Duty-of-Vigilance Officers, appointed within the entities, deploys and coordinates the vigilance plan in each Group entity.
The Group Duty of Vigilance Compliance Officer is responsible for the development, deployment and coordination of the vigilance plan and its application within the Group. He coordinates the network of entities Duty-of-vigilance Officers.