Dividend distribution policyThe dividend distribution policy is determined by EDF’s Board of Directors.
It takes into account the Group’s investment needs, the economic context and any other factor considered to be relevant.
Interim dividend distribution for fiscal year 2017 : 0.15 euroAt its meeting held on 7 November 2017, the Board of Directors of EDF declared a 2017 interim dividend of €0.15 per share and offered the option for shareholders to receive the 2017 interim dividend in cash or in new shares of the Company.
The share price for the new shares which will be issued as payment of the 2017 interim dividend is set by the Board of Directors at €9.94. Shares issued in this way will carry immediate dividend rights and will be traded on the Euronext Paris market.
- 16 November 2017: the ex-dividend date for the 2017 interim dividend
- 16 November to 30 November 2017, both dates inclusive: the period for the eligible shareholders for the payment of the interim dividend in shares to exercise the option on request with authorized financial brokers
- 11 December 2017: payment date of the interim dividend
For shareholders who elect to receive the 2017 interim dividend in shares, the date for the delivery of shares is set for 11 December 2017. If the amount of the 2017 interim dividend for which the option of payment in shares is exercised does not correspond to a whole number of shares, the shareholder will receive the number of shares immediately below, plus a balancing cash adjustment.
Payment of dividendsThe dividend is attached to a share.
As this is a cash payment, there is no specific procedure to follow; the dividend is credited by your financial intermediary straight into the bank account associated with your share account.
A 10% dividend increase for loyal shareholdersIn 2011, the Annual General Meeting adopted the amendment to the articles of EDF with the implementation of a "loyalty bonus" of 10% for shareholders holding their shares in registered form (pure or administered) for at least 2 calendar years continuously.
- Provision limited to 0.5% of the capital for a single shareholder, at the closing date of the previous financial year
- The first "loyalty bonus" of 10% has been awarded in 2014 for the dividend distributed for the year 2013
- The registration of shares in registered form (pure or administered) will have to be effective on 31 December 2016 at the latest to receive the loyalty bonus, which will be provided in respect of the financial year ended on 31 December 2018, in 2019