Dividend distribution policyThe dividend distribution policy is determined by EDF’s Board of Directors.
It takes into account the Group’s investment needs, the economic context and any other factor considered to be relevant.
Proposed dividend for 2017: €0.46 per share, i.e. a payout ratio of 60% with an option of payment in new sharesA dividend of €0.46 per share for the 2017 fiscal year with an option of payment in new shares will be proposed at the General shareholder’s meeting the 15th May 2018. This would correspond to a payout ratio of 60% of net income excluding non-recurring items.
When subtracting the interim dividend of €0.15 per share paid out in December 2017, the balance of the dividend to be paid out on the 2017 financial year comes to €0.31 per share for shares receiving the ordinary dividend and €0.356 per share for shares receiving the loyalty dividend.
The proposed schedule:
- 25 May 2018: ordinary and loyalty dividend ex-date
- 25 May to 11 June 2018 inclusive: exercise period for payment in new shares
- 19 June 2018: payment date of the balance of the dividend and settlement/delivery of the shares
Payment of dividendsThe dividend is attached to a share.
As this is a cash payment, there is no specific procedure to follow; the dividend is credited by your financial intermediary straight into the bank account associated with your share account.
A 10% dividend increase for loyal shareholdersIn 2011, the Annual General Meeting adopted the amendment to the articles of EDF with the implementation of a "loyalty bonus" of 10% for shareholders holding their shares in registered form (pure or administered) for at least 2 calendar years continuously.
- Provision limited to 0.5% of the capital for a single shareholder, at the closing date of the previous financial year
- The first "loyalty bonus" of 10% has been awarded in 2014 for the dividend distributed for the year 2013
- The registration of shares in registered form (pure or administered) will have to be effective on 31 December 2016 at the latest to receive the loyalty bonus, which will be provided in respect of the financial year ended on 31 December 2018, in 2019