EDF reaches out to students
In addition to graduate recruitment fairs, EDF ties close links with higher education in a range of different ways:
1. Events: Conferences, gala dinners, round tables, open days, etc. EDF staff reach out to you to tell you about their careers.
2. Funding for research and training: EDF boasts a long tradition of supporting higher education in France. The Group, in particular through the EDF Foundation, supports company chairs and advanced training that caters to industry needs.
3. Grants for deserving students: Through its Foundation, EDF provides support to students every year though grants awarded based on social and/or academic excellence criteria. Bursary recipients study selected courses approved by the company.
4. Visits to share employee expertise: Every year, hundreds of Group employees (200 in EDF R&D) visit universities as speakers or lecturers to share their knowledge, complementing academic and university teaching staff.
5. Joint creation of innovative teaching aids: EDF is an active supporter of French universities that are working to develop new teaching aids and facilities, such as Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC).