Be a standard-setter in health & safety
The well-being of the women and men in our company and of our contractors is an absolute priority. To achieve this ambition, the Group has set itself two priorities:
- eradicate fatal accidents in the Group, once and for all ;
- protect the health of all of our employees, subcontractors and stakeholders.
By the end of 2017, 45% of EDF Group employees have been covered with a Healthy Security certification (most often OHSAS 18001, and also MASE).
In 2015, the EDF Group reasserted its commitment to eliminating work-related fatal accidents among its employees and contractors, and established the following:
- a health & safety strategy committee and regular reporting to monitor progress ;
- "life saving rules", which employees and contractors must know and follow ;
- reporting of hazardous situations and feedback.
In time, changes in our practices will not only eradicate fatal accidents but also reduce the number of accidents in general.