On EDF power generation sites, where safety is the top priority, safety engineers hold a major role.
The Safety Engineer assesses the safety status of the facilities and takes all technical, human and organizational decisions to guarantee safety and prevent from any incident arrising.
- Carrying out daily independent assessments on the level of safety of the facilities on nuclear sites;
- Guiding and challenging all operational staff (operations, maintenance, etc.) to ensure compliance with safety requirements;
- In deferred time, the tasks cover audits, safety analyses, and guidance support to the teams working on site;
- Applying and updating the site's Safety Policy, particularly on incident and accident procedures;
- Contributing to unit maintenance operations (planned reactor shutdowns) and being in charge of mainstreaming safety in the preparation and execution of major maintenance and renovation projects;
- Ensuring proper conditions for fuel unloading and reloading;
- Participating in the professionalization program and maintaining your skills through regular individual and team training on a simulator.
With my expertise, I bring an independent vision of how safety is taken into account on a power site on a daily basis. I contribute to the analysis, dissemination and monitoring of experience feedback on the safety of the nuclear fleet and to the development of national safety standards.
- Discipline and method;
- Critical thinking, analytical and diagnostic skills;
- Ability to step back and gain perspective;
- Interpersonal skills and ability to make proposals;
- Strong interest in technology and field work.
- Master’s degree in engineering from an engineering school or university;
- First experience in a technical field or in safety.
From €35K to €45K (gross annual package) depending on diploma and professional experience (including social benefits and individual and collective variable remuneration). Additional benefits (works council activities, on-call allowances, etc.) can also be added to the overall compensation package, as well as a possibility of housing depending on availability.
And later on...
Evolution towards roles in project studies and project management. EDF Group offers plenty of functional, geographical and intra-group career opportunities and is highly supportive on the skill development throughout training and careers pathway.