EDF raises 4.75 billion dollar through a multi-tranche US Dollar senior bond issuance
$4.75 billion senior bond in 5 tranches with maturity ranging from 5 to 40 years
Including the largest US$ Green Bond from a corporate issuer
On 8 October 2015, EDF (A+ S&P / A1 Moody’s / A Fitch) successfully raised US$4.75 billion through 5 senior bonds:
- $1.5 billion bond, with a 5 year maturity and a 2.35% fixed coupon
- $1.25 billion Green Bond, with a 10 year maturity and a 3.625% fixed coupon
- $500 million bond, with a 20 year maturity and a 4.75% fixed coupon
- $1.15 billion bond, with a 30 year maturity and a 4.95% fixed coupon
- $350 million bond, with a 40 year maturity and a 5.25% fixed coupon
These transactions enable the Group to further strengthen the structure of its balance sheet. The successful Green Bond issuance contributes to supporting EDF’s investment efforts in new renewable energy.
These issuances follow on from a $1.5bn senior “Formosa Bond” issuance priced on 25 September on the Taiwanese market (30 year maturity, 4.75% fixed coupon).
Phone: +33 (0) 1 40 42 44 19