EDF launched the EDF Pulse awards to foster future innovation. The aim was to showcase start-ups and provide solid support as they move into action, inventing and developing the world of tomorrow.
In 2017, for its 4th edition, the EDF Pulse awards are willing to shed light on and reward young & talented entrepreneurs’ projects, which innovate to make society advance by inventing our electric future.
This edition will reward 5 winners, with:
- 4 Jury Awards (1 per category), attributed by a Grand Jury made of experts and personalities
- 1 Audience Awards, attributed after a voting campaign lasting for weeks
On top, all five winners will get a media campaign throughout France and Europe and up to €100,000 grant to get projects off the ground. From 24 January to 8 March 2017, More than 500 European startups applied to one of the four following categories:
- Smart Home: Innovations that contribute to safer, more comfortable, more autonomous, and more affordable accommodation - whether individually or collectively.
- Smart City: Innovations that contribute to make cities easier to live in, more human-centered, more effective, while reducing the environmental impact of urban areas.
- Smart Business: Innovations contributing to industries of the future and which aim at improving technical, environmental and energy performance in industrial processes.
- Smart Health: Innovations using new technologies to improve health and well-being at every stage of life.