EDF Pulse Expansion, the EDF start-up incubator, that invests in startups and innovative projects to achieve the energy and digital transition.
A shift towards startup creation
To incorporate the EDF Group’s innovation network, EDF Pulse, EDF Nouveaux Business changed its name to EDF Pulse Expansion.
What makes it different to the rest of the EDF Pulse network? Going beyond the experimental stage and setting up new activities. For this to happen, we invest directly in startups and work as their partners. We also support our employees in their intrapreneurial projects.
We want to address our customers’ current and future needs by combining the Group’s expertise with startups’ flexibility in order to develop new activities.
EDF Pulse Expansion has real funds to invest in projects, as well as tailored incubation and acceleration programmes.
We thus identify the most promising projects and support their development until they are mature enough to be incorporated into an existing or newly-created EDF business line.
"We build the EDF Group of tomorrow with the employees that we have today, and we partner with the ingenuity and flexibility of startups.Michel Vanhaesbroucke, Director of EDF Pulse Expansion
The aim? To give our customers innovative and competitive offers."
Made-to-measure levers for action
The creation of strategic partnerships with external startups.
Direct investment in startups or via investment funds such as Electranova Capital.
Tailored incubation and acceleration programmes for startups and for employees’ projects, which we invest in.
FOR YOUR START-UP
- A real partnership with EDF, including a privileged point of contact within the Group
- A project support structure to help you grow your business, with a dedicated budget and team , providing complementary skills
- Lean processes , that are aligned with your operating methods: rapid loop testing, test & learn, etc.
- Working collaboratively with the entire startup ecosystem and focusing on the possibility of developing a network
- Increased visibility thanks to EDF’s reputation and an opening to international markets