Is it possible to make a battery from fruit or vegetables ? Why do two balloons push each other apart when they come into contact with wool? How do we make jumping pepper ?
The Science Festival being held at the EDF Flamanville visitor centre the 26th of October
and the 2nd of November
will give you the answers to these and many other questions. Throughout the afternoon, you will be able to take part in a variety of hands-on experimental workshops, where you can test your knowledge of electricity and learn more about its properties.
- 2 p.m.: Welcome session at the EDF Flamanville visitor centre
- 2.15 p.m.: Learn about the history and principles of electricity, aided by the visitor centre’s exhibits
- 2.45 p.m.: Experimental workshops
- 3.30: Word hunt in the visitor centre
- 4.00 p.m.: Final quiz and snack
- 4.00 p.m.: End of event
If you’d like to sign up or request more information, contact the Flamanville visitor centre at: