EDF: $4.7bn multi-tranche senior issue on the US bond market
$4.7 billion in 5 tranches: 3Y (floating and fixed), 5Y, 30Y and 100Y
Largest 100-year bond from a European corporate issuer ever
EDF (A+ S&P / Aa3 Moody's / A+ Fitch) has successfully priced a $4.7 billion senior bond issue in 5 tranches:
- $750 million, at floating rate with a 3-year maturity
- $1 billion, with a 3-year maturity and a fixed coupon of 1.15%
- $1.25 billion, with a 5-year maturity and a fixed coupon of 2.15%
- $1 billion, with a 30-year maturity and a fixed coupon of 4.875%
- $700 million, with a 100-year maturity and a fixed coupon of 6.00%
Taking advantage of the excellent market conditions witnessed in early 2014, EDF has returned to the US bond market and priced a $4.7 billion offering of senior notes in 5 tranches with an average coupon of 3.27%(1) and an average maturity of 23.7 years.
Thomas Piquemal, Group Chief Financial Officer says: "The successful completion of these senior US dollar bond issues, including the largest 100-year bond from a European corporate issuer, shows investors' trust in EDF, its strategy and its enhanced financial profile achieved over the last four years."
(1) Excluding the 3-year floating
Phone: +33 (0) 1 40 42 44 19
Analysts and investors
Phone: +33 (0) 1 40 42 40 38