Flexibility and Renewable Contract Manager F/H (2024-94380)
Posted on 09/02/2024
- Contract type:
- Permanent contract
- Level of education:
- Master, DEA, DESS
- 2 - 5 years
- Sales / Marketing
- Country / Region:
Description of the offer
Our Optimisation department is a young and dynamic team, eager to respond to market changes and ready for the future, wherein people are encouraged to be curious and innovative in a positive atmosphere. The department is responsible for managing our gas and electricity portfolio and maximizing the value of our assets in the market.
As part of our Optimisation department, our Long-Term Portfolio team develops and coordinates transversal projects in preparation for future energy landscape management.
Within the team, the Flexibility and Renewable Contract Manager is responsible mainly for the development new products and tailor-made solutions to support Luminus in a fast-changing energy landscape, for example, Corporate PPAs, Flexibility contracts, for the negotiation process, contractual management and commercial follow-up of contracts with trading companies, strategic customers.
As a Flexibility and Renewable Contract Manager, you will be responsible for contributing to projects within the Long-Term Portfolio team :
- Design and implement renewable PPAs and/or CPPAs. Your responsibility will be to oversee the conversion of a concept into a marketable product, facilitating transactions with clients. This includes tasks such as contract negotiation, evaluating risks, and establishing the valuation method for the deal.
- Drive the development and implementation of risk management solutions supporting the growing Luminus’ wind business. This can be achieved by implementing flexibility contracts with utility-scale flexible assets. The targeted assets could be thermal assets, Pumped Hydro Storages, Batteries and more.
- Implement active contract management, ensure seamless contractual integration into the optimization landscape, manage operations after contract go-live, mitigate contractual risks, and monitor contract performance continuously.
- Ensure follow-up of contracts by actively engaging in external commercial interactions with green energy producers or trading companies, and internally coordinating with optimization colleagues, wind asset managers and the finance department.
- Collaborate closely with the legal, sales, wind and optimization teams to further develop and enhance contract templates.
- Develop new products and tailor-made solutions to answer the needs of other departments (B2C, B2B, Wind) in a fast-changing energy landscape, …
- Research and innovation projects related to the valorization of the flexibility of new technologies: electrical vehicles, electrolyzers, B2C batteries… but also on the development of microgrids, P2P communities,...
- Monitor the evolution of the market rules with your colleagues of the Regulatory Affairs department. You defend our interests in external workgroups, evaluate the impact of any changes, formulate recommendations, if required, and transfer this knowledge to the teams concerned.
- Master’s degree in engineering or commercial sciences with an affinity in one or more of the following domains: the energy market, project management, and innovative solutions in the energy sector.
- Acute negotiaton skills
- Experience in the energy business.
- Keen interest in the gas, electricity, and certificates markets.
- Experience in modeling is desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel.
- An interest in innovation or the development of emerging activities is an asset.
- Team player, Innovative, Organised, Critical thinker, Customer Oriented