Operations Manager - New Combined cycle gas turbine Seraing F/H (2023-93205)
Posted on 28/12/2023
- Contract type:
- Permanent contract
- Level of education:
- Master, DEA, DESS
- 5 - 10 years
- Operation / Production
- Country / Region:
Description of the offer
Luminus is building a full new gas-fired power plant in Seraing in line with the Capacity Market (CRM). This gas-fired power plant (870 MW) owned by Luminus Seraing 2.0 (LSG*) will be the most powerful and efficient in Europe.
This new CCGT will be led by the Plant manager who will report to the Luminus Corporate Director Production.
- The mission of the Operations Manager is to ensure with his/her teams the overall operations and 24/7 monitoring of the plant according to the production program set up by Luminus trading department and in full compliance with the permit constraints and all applicable regulations & laws.
- He/she has to ensure optimum availability/reliability/performances (efficiency, flexibility, …) of the power plant.
- The Operations Manager has to recruit and set up the staffing of his/her teams. He/she organizes their training and ensure their personal/collective development as well as their health, safety and well-being.
- The role of the Operations Manager is to ensure the best-in-class operations of the plant by developing a continuous improvement culture. As such, he/she is responsible for achieving the objectives and KPI’s together with the Maintenance team.
- He/she is a key player in the coordination and decision-making during emergency situations, and also gives support for decision-making on daily technical matters.
- He/she contributes to the review and implementation of the long term strategy of the power plant.
- Adequate reporting to all involved stakeholders of the operations activities and contracts related to production of the power plant
- The OPS Manager may have to take over the responsibilities of the Plant Manager in his/her absence.
- Accountable for health, safety, well-being and environment (HSE) of his/her teams related to their activities on site
- Accountable for cybersecurity related to his/her scope of activities with the support of centralized Luminus services
- Ensure the staffing and organization of the Operations teams including shift teams
- Appropriate training of his/her teams and implementation of the necessary operation instructions and the relevant governance
- Coaching and development, motivating and inspiring his/her team members
- 24/7 operations of the plant with the best industrial performance
- Management and optimization of chemical operations/process of the power plant
- Compliance with permit constraints (e.g. environmental) and all applicable regulations & laws
- Compliance of his/her organization with all Luminus policies (HSE, CSR, Purchasing, HR, …)
- Achievement of the objectives set for all performance indicators :Budget (opex) set up related to the operations of the plant and cost control / optimization
- Contributes to the review of the annual operating plan (Y+1) and a long term operating plan (Y+1, Y+2, Y+3) (mid-term strategy) and submits
- Adequate reporting of the operations activities and all contracts related to production of the power plant
Knowledge and experience
- High safety culture
- Leadership & communication with teams, coaching & motivating skills (ability to create a positive dynamic)
- Ability to choose the right priorities, take initiatives and make adequate decisions based on factual analysis with the right balance in risk taking seen from technico-economical perspective
- Builder profile & ability to change management (natural authority)
- Result driven and solution oriented in difficult context and critical situations
- Team player
- Flexible (constantly responding to new priorities)
- Good technical background, able to understand technical matters and eager to stay up-to-date
- Natural tendency to look for creative solutions and move outside his/her zone of control (interact with support departments, implement new technologies, …)
- Master degree in engineering
- Experience in contract management
- Experience in power generation business or large complex process industry
- Experience in managing teams including teams in 24/7 shift regime
- Fundamental knowledge of financial aspects (Capex, Gross Margin, Opex, Ebitda, …)
- Experience in change management (organization)
- Fluent French and English