Design Manager – Technical C&S Export (2023-79937)
Posted on 25/05/2023
- Contrat type:
- Level of education:
- Master, DEA, DESS
- 10 years and more
- Design Engineering
- Country / Region:
- France / Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
- 19 rue Pierre Bourdeix 69007 LYON
Description of the offer
At a pivotal time in its evolution with many exciting opportunities, now is an excellent time to join the EDF Group, championing low-carbon energy growth, committed to the fight against climate change and for provision of a secure future energy supply. By joining NUWARD, you will put your skills and enthusiasm to use as part of a major project, working towards the future of the European energy industry.
NUWARD is the EDF Group’s subsidiary dedicated to development and deployment of its NUWARD SMR. The company is developing a new small-scale modular reactor which will complement EDF’s range of nuclear power plant offers, in order to meet the growing worldwide demand for controllable and carbon-free power generation facilities.
The project, combines cutting-edge innovation developed through the extensive knowledge and expertise of the best industrial partners in France (CEA, Technicatome, Framatome, Naval Group) and in Europe (Tractebel). Our goal is to become the European SMR reference design. Join us to be part of this exciting venture.
You will report to the Technical Codes & Standards (C&S) - NPE coordinator of the NUWARD SMR project and will manage the activities related to the Technical Codes & Standards for export market
You will manage the Technical Codes & Standards for NUWARD export activities consisting in:
- Identifying and coordinating the adaptations of the Technical C&S with respect to the technical; and regulatory specificities of the target countries and the industrial strategy of NUWARD ;
- Identifying the modalities and establishing the strategy for the recognition of the suitability of the NUWARD Technical C&S by the nuclear safety authorities of target countries ;
- Participating in the writing of the technical procurement specifications ;
- Managing the actions necessary for the appropriation of Technical C&S by suppliers ;
- Representing NUWARD in codification and standardization committees.
Job based in Lyon with frequent travel to other EDF sites (Paris, Tours) and to partner engineering sites (TechnicAtome in Aix-en-Provence, Naval Group in Nantes, CEA in Cadarache, Framatome in Lyon).
You have extensive knowledge or experience in :
- AFCEN and ASME codes in particular;
- International industrial projects;
- Codification or standardization committees;
- Ideally, in-depth technical knowledge in one of the following fields : Mechanical, Civil Work, Electrical, Control, HVAC, Material Handling and associated codes, standards and regulations;